How do I dispute a charge(s) that appears on my credit card?
If a charge appears on your statement that you wish to dispute, first contact the merchant in an attempt to correct the situation. In the event that the merchant can't help, submit a detailed letter, which must include the following:
- Cardholder's name and signature
- Credit Card Number
- Transaction Amount(s), Purchase Date(s), and Merchant Name(s)
- Explanation of why charge(s) are being disputed
- What steps have been taken to resolve the dispute with the merchant
- Include copies of any pertinent documentation to help prove cardholder's case (receipts, brochures, proof of return, etc.)
Please mail your letter to:
Cabrillo Credit Union
PO Box 261169
San Diego, CA 92196
You may speak with our Member Support Department at 800-222-7455, option 3, for information regarding your dispute.
Return to Knowledge Base FAQs