A scam is once again surfacing its head. Fraudsters are randomly making calls to members and nonmembers using an auto dialer (robo-calls). A recorded message is played claiming to be from a credit union (or bank), and is requesting verification of financial information (e.g., account number, card number, or PIN). The credit union is not making these calls.
Please remember you should NEVER respond to an unsolicited call that asks for personal financial information. If you think you may have received a legitimate message, call the credit union 800-222-7455 right away to verify.
Here are a few ways you can protect yourself from fraud:
- Never provide personal information (i.e. Account Numbers, Social Security Number), or other private information
- Log off your account and computer when not in use
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software and keep your software up to date
- Shred all documents containing personal information
- Be cautious of emails/calls from unknown sources
- Call the agency using a known and appropriate telephone number to verify the legitimacy of the phone message/caller
If you think you have been scammed, please contact the credit union immediately at 800-222-7455.