To enrich the lives of our member-owners, one relationship at a time.
Our Core Values
- EMPOWERMENT: We nurture and empower our members and employees to achieve ambitious results.
- TEAMWORK: We are a vibrant team of inspired people who make big things happen.
- HONESTY: We always operate with integrity.
- SERVICE: We serve our members with passion.
- COMMUNITY MINDED: We find meaningful ways to give back to the community we support.
Cabrillo Credit Union was established in 1955 to serve Border Patrol agents in San Diego. Today we serve as the primary financial institution for those employed by the U.S. Border Patrol and other federal agencies in the San Diego area. Cabrillo CU also serves Sharp HealthCare, Carlsbad City employees, and is open to anyone who lives or works in San Diego County.
- 2011 - Cabrillo Credit Union introduced mobile banking on iPhone®, iTouch®, Android and iPad®.
- 2012 - Credit Union adds FORBPO to field of membership.
- 2013 - Cabrillo adds Mobile Deposit and Web Chat to its menu of online and mobile services.
- 2013 - Cabrillo Credit Union surpasses $200 million in assets and 24,000 members.
- 2014 - Cabrillo Credit Union introduces Online Membership Application.
- 2014 - Cabrillo Credit Union completes onsite presentations to over 43 Border Patrol stations around the country, reaching thousands of Agents and Support Staff.
- 2015 - Cabrillo Credit Union launches new online banking platform and mobile app.
- 2016 - Cabrillo Credit Union introduces EMV (chip-enabled) debit and credit cards.
- 2016 - Cabrillo Credit Union launches ApplePay®.
- 2016 - Cabrillo Credit Union reaches 20 year milestone fundraising during the Miracle Month of May and raises $40,000 for Rady Children’s Hospital.
- 2016 - Cabrillo Credit Union surpasses $250 million in assets.
- 2017 - Cabrillo Credit Union remodels Chula Vista Branch as Branch of the Future
- 2017 - After 37 years as CEO of Cabrillo Credit Union, Robin Lentz retires.
- 2017 - L. Dean Odle joins Cabrillo Credit Union as CEO.
- 2018 - Cabrillo Credit Union launches Member Solutions Agent Program.
- 2018 - The Board of Directors names Anne McClure as CEO.
- 2018 - Cabrillo Credit Union wins Dora Maxwell Community Achievement Award for 25+ years of support for Rady Children's Hospital San Diego.
- 2019 - Cabrillo Credit Union named one of San Diego's Best and Brightest Companies to work for.
- 2019 - Cabrillo raised over $40,000 for Rady Children’s Hospital
- 2019 - The Board of Directors names Michael DeShazo as CEO.
- 2003 - Sharp Credit Union joins Cabrillo Credit Union.
- 2004 - Carlsbad City Credit Union joins Cabrillo Credit Union.
- 2005 - Cabrillo Credit Union celebrates its 50th anniversary.
- 2006 - Cabrillo Credit Union wins Award of Merit from the San Diego Better Business Bureau for its ethical business practices.
- 2007 - Cabrillo Credit Union wins Award of Merit for the second year in a row from the San Diego Better Business Bureau for its ethical business practices.
- 2009 - Cabrillo Credit Union relocated the South Bay Branch from Palm Avenue to Terra Nova Shopping Center.
- 1996 - Cabrillo Credit Union launches its first interactive website.
- 1998 - Cabrillo Credit Union wins the prestigious "Credit Union of the Year" award.
- 1999 - Cabrillo Credit Union changes to a state charter.
- 1976 - The Credit Union changes its name from Border Federal Credit Union to Cabrillo Federal Credit Union.
- 1976 - Credit Union opens second branch; located in the Federal Building.
- 1979 - The Board hires Robin Lentz as CEO.
- 1963 - Credit Union records converted from hand written entries to a bookkeeping machine.
- 1966 - Cabrillo Credit Union expands its charter to include the Commerce and State Departments, US District Court, FAA, FCC, and Small Business Administration.
- 1955 - Cabrillo Credit Union is chartered as Border Federal Credit Union, November 15, 1955. Founding member Joseph H. Lawrence serves as Credit Union's first President.
- 1956 - The Credit Union expands its charter to include the Justice Treasury, GSA and FHA departments.