Cabrillo Credit Union is committed to providing a secure online environment for our Online Banking users. We know that security and confidentiality are two significant issues facing Online Banking and we want you, our member, to feel safe when doing business with us via your computer. We have partnered with the leading Internet security companies using the latest technology to secure your Online Banking experience.
Cabrillo offers a wide range of security alerts to help you identify potentially fraudulent transactions. All members are automatically enrolled in Fraud Text Alerts.
- Fraud Text Alerts - You will receive text and email notifications when we see something suspicious. Then you simply follow the instructions provided in order to take swift action. If you don't respond to the text, we will follow up with an email and a phone call. If you would like to opt out of this service, all you have to do is text "STOP".
There are additional alerts that you can set up to help protect your accounts. To access these alerts, log into eBranch > Menu > eServices > Account Alerts.
- History Alerts - Receive a notification when a debit transaction, credit transaction, check number, or description that you choose processes. For example, you can choose to receive text notifications if a debit transaction of over $50 posts to your account.
- Account Alerts - Alerts that notify you if your account is more than, less than, or exactly an amount you choose.
- Online Transaction Alerts - An alert will trigger when the following are processed online: Change of Address, Check Reorder, External Transfer, Funds Transfer, Send Check and Stop Payment.
- Security Alerts - You can enable/disable over 19 predefined security alerts.
- Reminders - Set reminders for birthdays, meetings, appointments, etc.
If there is ever an attempt to login to our Online Banking System with your User ID that fails three times in a row, your account will be rendered unusable. Sometimes this happens if you forget your password or if you have the Caps Lock key on when typing your password. To reactivate your access, you will need to click the Forgot Password? link on our website, or call our Member Support Department at 800.222.7455. The purpose of this lockout is to keep someone else from trying to access your accounts by guessing your password.
If you ever forget your password altogether, please click on the Forgot Password link and enter your account number to be issued a Secure Code via SMS, email, or phone call. When you enter the code, you will be prompted to select password of your choice.
Data is encrypted as it travels in packets from your PC to our website and back again. The encryption standard we use is Secure Socket Layer, or SSL. Online Banking users must use a browser which supports SSL for maximum protection. Our members online banking experience is protected in transport using the highest bit RSA encryption.
Secure Online Environment
A firewall is set up as a barrier between the Internet and our backend systems to further protect our members’ information. A firewall is a software and hardware system that defines, controls, and limits the access that external computers have to the credit union’s network. All incoming data passes through the firewall, which verifies the source and destination of each packet of data.